What is Psychiatry & De-Addiction?
The Department of Psychiatry provides comprehensive care for a wide spectrum of Psychiatric disorders like Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, various Anxiety Disorders (OCD, Panic Disorder, Multiple Phobias), Sexual Dysfunction, Psychosomatic Diseases, Alcohol, and Substance abuse, etc. Consultation-Liaison Services provide opinion and guidance in the treatment of various Psychiatric and Psychological problems in medically ill patients. Our services include both effective pharmacological management as well as various non-pharmacological interventions.
Child and Adolescent Guidance Clinic offer help to children with various Developmental Disorders, Emotional Problems, Learning and Scholastics Difficulties. Judicious pharmacological management and various non-pharmacological interventions in the treatment of disorders like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Learning Disability, School Refusal, Autism, and other developmental disorders, Childhood Anxiety and Depression are available.
The services offered by the department include the following
- Psychometric assessment of Adult Psychiatric Disorders.
- Psychotherapies and Counseling
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
- The couple, Marital and Family Therapies.
- Stress Management and Anger Management
- De-addiction Counseling.
- Projective Tests and Assessment of Personality: Tests including Rorschach Ink Blot Test, Thematic Apperception Test, Ravens’ controlled projection Technique, Sentence Completion Test, etc.
- IQ Tests.
- Diagnostic evaluation of Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatric Disorders.
- Screening and Intervention for Emotional and Behavioral Problems.
- Specific Learning Disability Assessment (SLD).
- SLD Remedial Training.
- Behavioral Training for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD).
- Behavioral Training for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders
- Behaviour Therapy.
- Relaxation Training.